Regular servicing is an important part of maintaining tip top condition of your boiler and it's very important to have an annual service, not only for safety reasons but also to prevent future breakdowns when you least expect them.
Some of the reasons / symptoms that might require your boiler to be serviced.
- To maintain your manufacture warranty agreement.
- Hot water has limited flow or not as hot as it should be.
- Boiler overheating or needs refilling frequently
- Fan makes a noise.
- Water pressure keeps dropping.
- Pump noisy.
- Constantly resetting the boiler.
- Stains on or near the appliance - On older boilers
- Pilot light keeps going out - On older boilers
- Irregular or yellow flame
This is an outline of the service procedures we do.
1. Every service we undertake has a visual check to comply to building, electrical and gas safe regulations.
2. We then do a pre-service check where we fire the boiler up, check basic operations and identify faults if any.
3. All main components will be checked, must be clean and free from damage. The main components we check are burners, injectors, heat exchangers, condensing syphon and fan. Also as part of our routine check we inspect pipework and electrical connections.
4. We use our flue gas analyser to check the gas valve and make sure we have complete combustion.
5. Our final check is to analyse the boiler with our flue gas analyser to make sure it is running to manufacturers specification.
6. Should we find a fault with any of our checks then we will advice you if there are any additional costs for the repair.
7. Finally we will issue a benchmark Gas safety certficate and a print out from our analyser to confirm the readings.
Our standard service charge for a condensing boiler is £85 including VAT, excluding any parts should they be required. Older non-condensing boilers are subject to a higher service charge and before a price can be agreed we would need to know the make, model, age, and any existing problems prior to booking.